Hello! As you might have heard, I attended my first convention last weekend, Tampa's Metrocon
You've probably seen a few photos of costume progress and such, but I thought I'd share a few photos of what went down during the day! If you do see yourself, or someone you know-- do let me know who you are!
One of my favorite things when it comes to events is to connect with the people I met and keep in touch from time to time.
We had a great time just taking it all in, enjoyed the show-- and most of all the COSTUMES. I was utterly impressed
with the excellence and the hard work everyone did. It's awesome to be around those kind of folks. It really was just a great atmosphere and everyone just had a collective sense of passion for their character.
We both got lots of compliments and a few photographers loved how natural we looked in our roles and costumes.
Needless to say, I felt the love and I will do this again in a heartbeat. Thanks so much for a wonderful time.
And now for the photos!1. A little shot we took during our Test photoshoot! 2. Captain Mischief and the rise of Goofy Grins
3. This awesome lady went as Alphonse Elric! I saw her and I just had to chase her down the hall to get a photo with her. She was absolutely amazing.4. We found a [very lovely] Lady Loki during the beginning of the event, however-- she tried to impale me. We ended up disagreeing.5. Met another Marvelite! She was nice and all, but I wasn't so sure about her.. allegiance. [she was actually very kind and funny]6. A downright adorable Anna [From Frozen] that I had to get a photo with! She was so spunky and really great to work with!
7. Anna and Kristoff! They were so in character and Anna's makeup was really well done. I'm pretty sure that Sven was off getting lunch somewhere.8. Two spectacular ladies went as Nicholas D. Wolfwood and Vash the Stampede [from Trigun] They were flocked with fans and I'm glad I got a photo of them.
9. GLADOS **amazing**10. I got to catch up with Natasha! She was very gracious and I *might* have fangirled when I asked for photos. #Respect
11. Half of the *fantastic* Marvel meet-up that we had. There were Thors, Caps, Quicksilvers, Mystiques, you name it. Everyone was great and we all got along very well. 12. All the folks who dressed up as characters from the Thor series. I met my old pal Loki again, and I really think this group had the best overall costumes. I must learn from them.
13. Also ran into Gambit-- the guy was a charmer, but his card game needs some work. [In all honesty, he was great and we had a nice chat]14. Fandral the Dashing [of the Warriors Three] I was in awe of his luxurious beard. 15. Caught up with a very nice Thor who helped us get to the meetup; after a bit of banter, we engaged in another traditional Asgardian duo selfie.16. LADY SIF was *amazing*. She literally sparkled. My sister and I managed to get a photo with her.
17. Also found the 10th Doctor! He was disguising as a photographer, but we knew better.
As a very gracious gesture, He took professional photos of me and my sister. We had lots of fun doing poses and expressions. Very nice guy to work with.
18. Then there's THIS guy. He was playing the Song of Storms, luckily-- his ocarina was broken. No rain the whole day.
19. We enjoyed some Music mixes and good eats on the way back.20. And home. #EndAlbum
Finally, thanks for all your help and support.
I'm quite young and don't have many ways of making lots of money, and so every time you buy a print, or some merch on Society6, or even just by spreading the word, you help me make projects like this happen.
With much love and gratitude - Marianne